Spring Cottage Cleaning Checklist
As the days grow longer and the bitter cold of winter disappears, our thoughts begin to drift to sunny shores and cabin getaways. Whether you’re using AirBNB to fill up your cottage, or inviting guests over for the weekend, a spruce up is essential. Here is a quick checklist to help you turn your cottage from a Winter hovel into a Spring haven:
- Floors. Even if your cabin has not been used over the Winter months, dust and debris will settle on carpets and hard floors. Floors will need to be thoroughly cleaned in order to create a fresh start before the inevitable wear and tear of vacation season.
- Windows. Windows can make or break the atmosphere of a space. Allow the sunlight to shine in on your guests by giving your windows a good wash inside and out. Not only will your cabin look brighter and cleaner, it will actually improve the indoor air quality.
- Linens. Make sure that bathrooms and bedrooms are stocked with fresh linens. If your linens are starting to fall apart, it may be time for a new set. This is an inexpensive way to spruce up any space. There’s nothing better than crawling into fresh sheets after an exhausting day of fun.
- Kitchen. The kitchen is more than an area to make food, it is a gathering place. In the warmer months it will have perhaps the most traffic of any of the rooms. Prepare this popular space by washing all surfaces; cleaning the oven, fridge, and cabinets.
- Outdoors. When guests pull into the lane of your cottage, their initial impression will be based on how things look from the outside. Shovel any remaining snow and sweep the deck. Make a spot check for any scattered debris or hazards that may have blown in during Winter.
Follow this simple checklist and you’ll be ready to go for Spring and Summer vacation! Don’t have the time or energy for a thorough clean? Give us a call and we’ll be happy to help you out with all or part of your Spring cleaning needs!