School’s Out and Stay-Cation’s In: What To Do In Calgary This Summer
Summer is in full swing, the kids are home from school, and you might even have some much-deserved vacation time this month. While we will be hard at work making sure your businesses (and maybe even some schools) are being maintained over the summer months, this is the perfect opportunity for you to take advantage of everything that Calgary has to offer this August. We’ve compiled a list of our favourite must-do activities in the city to make your stay-cation the ultimate Calgary experience!
Indulge in some Calgary culture.
Calgary is well-known for it’s incredible summer festivals. Whether you’re looking for a magical, musical experience, or for cultural immersion, this city will keep you moving and grooving all summer long.
- International Blues Festival: August 1-6
- Fringe Festival: August 4-12
- Franco Festival: August 4-6
- Reggae Fest: August 17-19
- Heritage Day Festival: August 7
- Expo Latino: August 18-20
Fill your belly with new eats.
As a veritable mosaic of cultures and demographics, Calgary is a true Canadian city. The best part of that, at least in our opinion, is the spectacular fusion of food that comes along with it!
- Taste of Calgary: August 10-13
- Calgary Food Tours: Various Times
- Brewery and the Beast: August 20
- Calgary Vegetarian Food Festival: August 26
Learn something new.
Just because it isn’t technically “school” season, doesn’t mean that you can’t exercise your brain and learn something new and exciting. From astronomy to animals, Calgary does well to satisfy even the most curious of minds.
- Antiquing at the Arc: August 19-20
- Canning and Preserving Classes: August 15 and 19
- Milky Way Nights: August 17-19
- Calgary Zoo : All summer long!
Remember to enjoy the last month of summer. Whether you’re rafting down the Bow River or indulging in the latest festivals, let us worry about keeping your office spic and span. That is exactly what we are here for, to allow you to focus on family, friends, and the fabulous Calgary summer. Hope you and yours have a great August, from all of us here at Rocky Mountain Manpower!